In the Super Late Model class it was 2 for one Saturday, with the Tarheel Tiger Ray Cook just spanking the field, and mean while at the back….. local favorite Ronnie Johnson “rj” put on a show showing them he knew he way around this track, coming from the waaay back to run second.
But the real show was in the pits, I haven’t seen more happy people in one place in a long long time. Everyone was just tickled to be back racing!!!Seeing old friends from last year, showing off new rides, hiding some new secrets,comparing notes on who has done what, moved to what class, it was just good to be back.
These drivers all shared something in the pits, for the only time this year no one had an advantage, clean slate no points to over come,new season, and every driver and crew member is more focused, more enthused because the season is new and they are all tied for the points lead.
The high 5’s the handshakes, the coming together is what makes me personally love dirt racing so much, meeting new people seeing new ideas and cars, learning what everyone else thinks is going to be the “new hot item” for the year.
Boyd’s Speedway drew some cars from a long way away Chris Wall who showed up from Holden La. Only to get caught up in someone elses mess, and running 4th was Eric Turner from Springfield Mo. Lots from Tenn,Ga, and a few from Al. Even….
But Ray Cook put on a clinic and set fast time breaking the track record, Looks like the Harvey Brothers and Gar Dickson have done it right, and are willing to keep it right as shown by them constantly working to keep and make sure the track stayed together. So next time you want good racing ..might I suggest Boyds Speedway?? It worked for me……
Mid-Nite Oil Racing Fuels 50
1. Ray Cook (# 53) of Brasstown, TN
2. Ronnie Johnson (# 5) of Chattanooga, TN
3. Anthony White (# 2X) of Clinton, TN
4. Eric Turner (# 99T) of Springfield, MO
5. Tony Knowles (# 26) of Tyrone, GA
6. David Earl Gentry (# 56) of Lewisburg, TN
7. Rick Rogers (# 44) of Knoxville, TN
8. Kevin Gibson (# M45) of Ringgold, GA
9. Jamie Oliver (# 38) of Murphy, NC
10. Kayne Hickman (# H3) of Soddy Daisy, TN
11. Robert Stutts (# 302) of Murfreesboro, TN
12. Ben Reed (# 07) of Memphis, TN
13. Jerry Trotter (# T7) of Cunningham, TN
14. Brandon Roberts (# 10) of Oxford, AL
15. Brian Hickman (# 41) of Soddy Daisy, TN
16. Skip Arp (# 31) of Georgetown, TN
17. Mike Collins (# 3) of Council Fire, IA
18. Brad Coffey (# 88) of Maryville, TN
19. JJ Nye (# 55) of Talking Rock, GA
20. Robby Mason (# 1S) of Hixson, TN
21. Anthony Burroughs (# 121) of Muscle Shoals, AL
22. Chris Wall (# 71) of Holden, LA
23. Charles Zimmerman (# 7M) of Cunningham, TN
24. Bruce Taylor (# 8) of Toccoa, GA