Kasey Kahne showed why they call it racing! he never gave up and took a solid top 5 car and won the race. Lots of drivers has issues early and some of the top teams were just junk, but some that were strong and fell back cam back at the end.
Kahne has said he wants to go race and take the same approach that they brought to Atlanta. Just win Baby!!
JPM who was very strong during the race brought home the target Chevy in 3rd and a strong showing I really think he is going to make the chase based on how he has come alive and has a great focus on making the points chase.
Harvick who had won the night before in the Nationwide race was really strong on long runs but it took him a while to get going , and with a 12 lap shoot out at the end it just wasn’t in the cards for the RCR driver.
Look at the 48 broke an axle leaving pit road, had to go behind the wall to fix it, but Vickers broke an axle too, and the 83 team changed their axle on pit road staying on the lead lap. Getting a 7th place finish, but still 20 points out of the chase.
david Gilliand looked good in the Wood Brothers car subbing for Bill elliott who broke 3 ribs playing on his dirt bike, guess Chase was whipping the old man!!!
there are 4 drivers locked in the chase …..
1) #14-Tony Stewart [3 wins], 3694, finished 11th at Atlanta
2) #24-Jeff Gordon [1 win], 3457, -237, 8th
3) #48-Jimmie Johnson [3 wins], 3404, -290, 36th
4) #11-Denny Hamlin [1 win], 3296, -398, 6th
these still have a way to go..
5) #99-Carl Edwards, 3162, -532, 37th (+105 points ahead of 13th)
6) #9-Kasey Kahne [2 wins], 3153, -541 (+96), 1st
7) #2-Kurt Busch [1 win], 3152, -542 (+95), 38th
8) #42-Juan Pablo Montoya, 3145, -549 (+88), 3rd
9) #39-Ryan Newman, 3138, -556 (+77), 9th
10) #5-Mark Martin [4 wins], 3126, -568 (+72), 5th
11) #16-Greg Biffle, 3125, -569 (+69), 10th
12) #17-Matt Kenseth [2 wins], 3077, -617 (+20 ahead of 13th), 12th
And on the outside looking in right now are …
13) #83-Brian Vickers [1 win], 3057, 20 points out of 12th, 7th
14) #18-Kyle Busch [4 wins], 3040, -37, 13th
15) #00-David Reutimann [1 win] 2945, -132, 4th
Will Kyle Busch miss the chase? I think he will squeak in and not be a factor, but I have been wrong before. I think Vickers will knock Kennseth out and make his way in, after the performance he and the Red Bull Team put in tonight he should be there.
One final note .. I have found myself wondering how Harvick could run sooo strong the night before and tonight he ran soo strong in spurts .. could RCR be on to something? or could NASCAR tech guys be missing something? In the Cup race tonight I think he just found the right set up but last night….. different story, I really think there is something that the tech guys are missing. he was just TO fast last night. But we shall see.
Way to go to the RPM #9 Bud car,Team and driver Kasey Kahne … he was at the right spot at the right time….
Oh yeah, the dr’s really has some pissed off neighbors, they could care less if Kahne wins they don’t like the 45 second horn blowing and the big bore weapons going off……a oh well they should stratt reading the dr’s blog at least then they would know why!!!!