Martin wins the first one….
Here is what the chase points look like as of now…
#5-Mark Martin [5 wins], 5230, finished 1st at New Hampshire
2) #48-Jimmie Johnson [3 wins], 5195, -35, 4th
3) #11-Denny Hamlin [2 wins], 5195, -35, 2nd
4) #42-Juan Pablo Montoya, 5175, -55, 3rd
5) #2-Kurt Busch [1 win], 5165, -65, 6th
6) #14-Tony Stewart [3 wins], 5156, -74, 14th
7) #39-Ryan Newman, 5151, -79, 7th
8) #83-Brian Vickers [1 win], 5140, -90, 11th
9) #16-Greg Biffle, 5138, -92, 9th
10) #24-Jeff Gordon [1 win], 5128, -102, 15th
11) #99-Carl Edwards, 5117, -113, 17th
12) #9-Kasey Kahne [2 wins], 5069, -161, 38th
#18-Kyle Busch, who missed making the Chase by just eight points, finished 5th in the Sylvania 300 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. But the left front of the #18 M&M’s Toyota was too low in post-race inspection, and he could be penalized by NASCAR this week, usually announced on Tuesday afternoons We will see how this works out. NASCAR needs to start cracking down on points and penalties with this sort of stuff not just money.
I have had to watch the race via DVR and not live due to other things but one thing I have noticed is the aggression that was displayed by Juan Pablo Montoya, he drove all over Jeff Burton getting into 3 and 4, and he seems just a tad too aggressive yeah I know he wants to win but there is a fine line between racing and driving over your head.
Broke my heart to see the 9 car grenade an engine but hey better now than in 4 or 5 races from now.
A big tip of the hat to the 19 team for a top ten finish despite getting turned when the 20 car of Lagano ran out of talent and took out a bunch of cars.
And man what a parking job by the combo of Kurt Busch and David Ragan… that was almost funny,
Since we have had soooo much rain this week all the local tracks around here were closed due to the monsoon type weather we have had.
Versus channel has signed a deal with NASCAR to highlight the Chase drivers during the Chase next year with a half hour show.
Have a good week and …